firstname.lastname@example.org – 801.530.7359
Founding Member of The McCullough Group.
Specializes in estate, business, asset protection and charitable planning.
Past president of the Utah State Bar, Estate Planning Section.
Past President of the Salt Lake Estate Planning Council.
Scott’s greatest accomplishments call him dad.
Scott and his wife have four teenagers. He enjoys being outside as much as possible, preferably on skis (snow or water) or a bike (road or mountain).
IN THE COMMUNITY
Executive director of the PI Fund, a local Donor Advised Fund
Chairman of the Board for the Salt Lake Community College Foundation
Past president of the Utah/Idaho Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund board of directors,
Past chairman of the Primary Children’s Hospital Planned Giving Committee
Past Board Member for the Utah Planned Giving Roundtable,
Past Board Member for Special Olympics Utah,
Volunteer for Utah’s Wills for Heroes events
2010 Volunteer of the Year Award recipient, Utah Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, International
- Utah State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Salt Lake Estate Planning Council
- Brigham Young University, JD
- Utah State University, BS, Business Management
- Salt Lake Community College
- “Should I Serve as a Trustee and What I Might Advise Clients,” Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants Journal, November/December 2009.
- “The Estate Planner and The Fiduciary Duty of Loyalty,” Utah Bar Journal, January/February 2006.
- “One More Gift to Give,” Zions Bank Magazine, January 2007.
- “Annual Minutes and Other Annoying Paperwork: 10 Things Every Business Owner Should Be Doing,” Connect Magazine, February 2007. Read article >
- “The Corporate Veil,” Utah Business Magazine, June 2007.
- “Free Agent or Employee?”, Utah Business Magazine, October 2007.
- “Preventative Medicine: How a Buy-Sell Agreement Can Relieve Future Headaches,” Utah Business Magazine, February 2008.
- “Die Charitably,” Utah Business Magazine, April 2008.
- “The Spousal Access Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust Funded with a Second-to-Die Policy,” Probate and Property Magazine, May 2009. Read article >
- “Family v. Institution – Advising Clients on the Selection of a Successor Trustee,” Utah Bar Journal, July 2009. Read article >
PRESENTATIONS & SEMINARS
- Defective Grantor Trusts in Business Succession Transactions – Business Succession Planning Seminar, October 2014
- Planning with Spousal Access Trusts – Grant Taggart Symposium, September 2014
- Utah State Bar, Intermediate CLE Course on Estate Planning and Probate, April 2012
- What Every Lawyer Should Know About Estate Planning – Utah State Bar, Summer Convention, July 2011
- Selecting a Trustee, Individuals vs. Corporate Trustees – Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, December 2010
- Retirement and Estate Planning – Westminster College, 33rd Annual Tax Practitioners Institute, November 2009
- Planned Giving Today, Practical Strategies in an ever changing environment – Utah Planned Giving Roundtable, March 2008
- Trust Administration, Trust Provisions, Lorman Seminars, March 2008
- Planned Giving – Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, June 2008
- Demystifying Asset Protection Vehicles: Important State and Federal Exemptions – National Business Institute, August 2007
- Tax, Estate and Wealth Planning Seminar for CPA’s, November 2007
- Asset Protection for High Risk Professionals – Southern Utah Bar Association, December 2007
- Estate Planning and the Fiduciary Duty of Loyalty to Clients – Utah State Bar, Estate Planning Section, December 2006